Antenatal & Postnatal Care in Singapore
Physiotherapy can play a vital role in the prevention and management of the physical discomforts and problems that can arise from the way our body adapts and changes during pregnancy (antenatal) and after childbirth (postnatal). Such musculoskeletal changes may be overlooked in your routine checkups. Our Women’s Health team will work with you to identify and rectify those issues with physiotherapy.
Common Physical Problems During & After Pregnancy
- Lower back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Upper back pain
- Rectus diastasis
- Carpal tunnel
- Bladder urinary incontinence
- Continuation of back and pelvic problems due to:
- Changes in soft tissue and joints
- Continued presence of relaxin (a hormone produced by the ovary and placenta) during post delivery and breastfeeding
What Does Antenatal & Postnatal Care Entail
We provide holistic physio care during and after pregnancy for our patients in Singapore. They include:
- Advice and education on antenatal and postnatal care, including but not limited to posture, back care, lifting and carrying your baby, and body changes both during and after pregnancy.
- Alleviation of joint aches, for example, back and pelvic pains associated with pregnancy and after childbirth, through core stability training programmes designed to help support the spine and other joints.
- Provide Manual therapy (massage/soft tissue release/joint mobilisation) for tight/overactive muscles and painful joints particularly around the spine and pelvic region, in response to the altered body shape and abdominal weakness.
- Pelvic floor strengthening to support the uterus, ease urinary incontinence, and facilitate a smoother labour experience.
Physiotherapy can provide a healthier and more pleasant pregnancy, and a safe and speedy return to ‘normal’ so that you can spend quality time with your baby and enjoy your experience as a new mum.
Sign Up For Antenatal Care Classes in Singapore
Want to learn more about your pregnancy, the issues that may develop, and how exercises can help? Our Antenatal Care classes cover a range of topics including:
- Pregnancy-related changes in your body/posture/common problems (i.e. low back pain, groin pain, incontinence) faced during/after pregnancy
- Exercises that can help with your pregnancy and prevent/resolve pregnancy-related problems
- Stages of labour and your husband’s role in postnatal care
- 3 group sessions of 45 minutes
- 1:1 available upon request
At Rapid Physiocare, we have helped numerous new mums and mums-to-be throughout the antenatal and postnatal stages, educating them about the bodily changes throughout their pregnancies and providing appropriate physio care. You can trust our physiotherapists to advise you on the best methods to address the physical problems as they arise.
Chat with us online or call +65 6904 4900 to enquire about our Antenatal Care Classes in Singapore or how our Women’s Health Physiotherapists can help alleviate your pain.
We also provide paediatric care, which includes baby massage, colic pain in newborn and more. Book an appointment today!