Jacklyn Tan graduated with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) from Manchester Metropolitan University in the United Kingdom. She was conferred Student of the Year of the Graduating Class in 2023. Her interest in physiotherapy in a career switch in 2019 was a decision made after her injury and the road she took to recovery.
From teaching for over 10 years and sports coaching to embarking on a passionate pursuit of physiotherapy, Jacklyn’s philosophy of work is consistently an approach to working with people in client-centered care, understanding the importance of movement, and helping clients improve their quality of life. This has been forged through her journey with multiple sports injuries and physiotherapy rehabilitation toward regaining the quality of life that she now desires for her clients.
Jacklyn’s interest and focus in musculoskeletal conditions stems from her prior involvement in competitive running and her current active engagement in swimming and cycling. She goes to the gym regularly for lightweight training. Embracing an increasing appreciation for weight training, she integrates various techniques and training forms into her practice to enhance functional outcomes for her clients.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours), Manchester Metropolitan University, UK (2023)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physical Education and Sports Science, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2010)
- Registered with Allied Health Professions Council (Singapore)
- Registered with Health and Professions Council (HCPC, UK)
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (UK)
Years of experience/ career highlights
- VTCT Level 3 & 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy, United Kingdom (2022)
- Physical Education and English Teacher with the Ministry of Education, Singapore for 10 years
- NCAP (National Coaching Accreditation Programme) Level 3 Coaching Theory and IAAF Track and Field Level 1 Coach