John in 2000 graduated with a Bachelors in physiotherapy from Ramachandra Medical College. Early in his career, John started providing physiotherapy coverage at Local Community Hospitals, Private Clinics, and Voluntary Welfare Organisations. After 18 years and counting, he has been actively working for various healthcare organizations and has hundreds of grateful patients to his credit to date.
John and his team’s passion lies in providing the best physiotherapy care to every patient, every time. He continually works towards refining his skills with new methods and research to provide patients with the best treatment at a minimal cost.
Prior to joining Rapid Physiocare, John worked as the Head of Rehab services at a private hospital and was instrumental in setting up and establishing the rehabilitation department. John has worked alongside many reputed orthopedists and surgeons in the city for the rehabilitation of joint injuries. He takes pride in being one of the pioneers to start primary care physiotherapy at polyclinics in Singapore. John’s great sense of humor to lighten and strengthen patients while they are feeling weak and worried keeps him apart from other physiotherapist.
Through his years as a physiotherapist, John has experience working with both local and international patients with aches, pains, and other musculoskeletal conditions. If we were to pin him down, his absolute strength lies in managing Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation and Pain Management. Also, he holds a keen interest in treating acute and chronic spine, musculoskeletal and sports injuries
In addition to his clinical work, John is actively involved in philanthropic and public health efforts. He conducts corporate talks at Multinational companies, financial institutions, Government agencies, Factories, Hotels and various industrial companies on everyday body aches and pains.
- Over18 years of experience as a leader of various teams. He was always intrigued to work on challenging projects and so gained key proficiencies of physiotherapist during this time.
- First to set up Physiotherapy services in Primary care under the National Healthcare Group Polyclinics in 2008
- Received Singapore government’s scholarship -Ministry of Health’s Healthcare Management Development Programme (HMPD) award in 2012 to do the certification in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy from Manual Concepts at Curtin University, Australia.
- Member of the task force -Singapore Ministry of Health’s Orthopaedic Workgroup (2014)
- MOH -Appointed as a member of the Healthcare Workforce of future corporate Planning Team – OT/PT advance scope of project (2013)
- Selected for the National Healthcare Group’s potential leadership programme.
- Invited as a speaker for the Singapore International Physiotherapy conference (2016) – Topic- “Advanced scope of practice in Singapore: are we ready?”
- Key Allied Health member for the new polyclinic development planning.
- Earned leadership status by setting inspirational goals and setting examples.
Besides his regular job, John has always been actively involved in providing free physiotherapy consultation and treatment for foreign workers in their dormitory, together with other doctors and healthcare professionals.